Covered in this article:
What this video covers:
- 0:00 – 0:35 – Introduction and adding the new gateway option.
- 0:35 – 2:35 – Naming the Gateway and understanding other settings.
- 2:15 – 3:54 – Adding further gateway instructions with the shortcode.
- 3:54 – End – Saving all settings and additional instructions for using the “Admin Must Manually Complete Transactions” setting for offline gateway/
Detailed List of Gateway Settings
Below you will find explanations for every setting that you can find for your Stripe Gateway as a reference for both during and after you have setup your gateway:
- Name – The name users will see when choosing this gateway option during registration.
- Gateway – This should be set to “Offline Payment” and will not show up on the frontend.
- ID – ID of your gateway used in database and to be entered if importing subscriptions for this gateway as outlined here.
- Show Payment Label – When checked or unchecked, this will show or hide the Name you entered for this gateway option.
- Show Payment Icon – When checked or unchecked, this will show or hide the Stripe Credit Card symbols for this gateway option.
- Show Payment Description – When checked or unchecked, this will show or hide the description for this gateway option.
- Admin Must Manually Complete Transactions – Check this option to force admin completion of all transactions through this offline gateway. If left unchecked, all transactions will automatically complete on their own.
- Description – Use the text box here to enter any additional information that may be necessary for you to receive payment through this offline gateway. This could be mailing instructions, bank details for direct payment, etc. What is entered here will show below the gateway option (if selected) on the registration page. Note: the text box does support new lines.
How to Test Your Offline Gateway
To test the setup of your offline gateway simply visit the registration page while logged out as admin and then go through the registration process like a normal user. If you have selected the “Admin Must Manually Complete Transactions” for this gateway option, you can review the above video starting at minute 3:54.
How to Process Refunds
With this gateway the refund would obviously need to take place offline via your preferred method. After you have sent the money to be refunded, be sure to find the transaction associated with that user and mark it as “refunded”.
If you have followed exactly the instructions on this page for setting up your gateway, then it should work properly. So, if you are noticing issues with your gateway, it is likely going to be related to one of the items listed below. We have also included what to do if you are seeing these issues.
- Your users are seeing this error before getting to the payment screen: ERROR Invalid Payment Method. – This likely means that you have enabled the Customize Payment Methods and left this gateway option unchecked. To fix this, simply uncheck the Customize Payment Methods option altogether, or if you need it to disable other gateway options for your membership, be sure to check this gateway option.
Are you still having issues with your Offline gateway even after reviewing the solutions outlined in the Gateway Issues section above? No problem, just send us a support ticket with a brief description of your issue, and what you have found in your tests so far. Please do not send us a support ticket until after you have followed the instructions in the Gateway Issues section to the best of your ability . . . we will ask you to review those things if your issue resembles any of those listed points. : )