2013 Scholarship Winners
1st Prize $1000
- Danielle Torre Commack High School, Commack, NY
- Kristin Duthie Island Trees High School
- Mikaela Nowalk Tammy Masden Oak Leaf High School, Orange Park, Fl.
- Walter Kleinman Sacred Heart Academy, Hempstead, NY
Open to High School Seniors of Italian Descent
Requirements for consideration of your application:
- You must be studying Italian in school. If your school does not offer Italian, you must attach a letter on school letterhead from your guidance counselor or administrator attesting to that fact.
- Write an original, grammatically correct, typed (double-spaced, 12 font) essay of 500 (minimum) to 750 (maximum) words showing evidence of family history research.
- Submit a family tree form (as much as possible) provided with the application.
- Your application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation on school letterhead from your Italian teacher (or, if Italian is not offered, your principal or counselor) attesting to your character and scholarship.
- Mail completed application, recommendation, essay, and family tree to:
IGG Scholarship Committee
37 Laurel Cove Road
Oyster Bay, NY 11171
- Applications must be received by April 1, 2014.
- Scholarship will be awarded in June 2014 at 10:30 AM at the Bethpage Public Library. Recipient must accept award in person, barring extenuating circumstances or excessive distance.
Scholarship applications are available on our website, www.italiangen.org (click here) Contact the scholarship committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and be sure to put IGG scholarshjp on the subject line. Winner's name and school will be announced at our website. Winner's essay will be published in our newsletter.